Victory For My Llamas

Victory For My Llamas

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

BOOMKIN DPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Divinepain

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: BOOMKIN DPS   Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:51 am

It is not my range but I always see our boomkins at the foot of the dps meter.Sometimes lower then tank. I think there must be a problem.Because there is common knowledge that boomkins can easily pwn other class at dps meter.I dont think that there is a gear problem.Liqu and rambam have nearly full of valaruos and good misc.W,th imp faerie fire and balance of power you gain %7 spell hit(this is a biggest buff other classes dont have) you only need %10 hit for hit cap.This isnt a problem in your gear situation.So in my opinion there is left only one problem; Play style and rotaion. I didnt play with boomkin but I read some theorycraft an foud some helpfull tips;

*Crit vs Haste rating - 1 haste rating offers more dps than 1 crit rating, which means that items of equal itemlvl will tend to be stronger if they have haste rating. In 25man raids you recieve a huge amount of crit from buffs (10%mage, 3% ret/ele, 5%moonkin form, 5%T7, 7% talents, Bok+Arc. Int) which eliminates alot of the mana & slow Eclipse proc problems.

*Major Glyphs
[Glyph of Moonfire] + [Glyph of Starfire] are a must for any serious raiding moonkin.
[Glyph of Insect Swarm] is best option as 3rd glyph dps-wise - [Glyph of Innervate] might be an alternative if you are starved on mana.

Enchants
Im only listing best, most have cheaper options (Not listing profession specific enchants).
Head - [Arcanum of Burning Mysteries]
Shoulder [Greater Inscription of the Storm ]
Cloak - [Scroll of Enchant Cloak - Haste]
Chest - [Scroll of Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats]
Bracers - [Scroll of Enchant Bracer - Superior Spellpower]
Weapon - [Scroll of Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spellpower]
Gloves - [Scroll of Enchant Gloves - Exceptional Spellpower]
Belt - [Eternal Belt Buckle] Techically not an enchant, but worth mentioning.
Leggings - [Brilliant Spellthread]
Boots - [Scroll of Enchant Boots - Icewalker]

Rotation
IFF = Improved Faerie Fire
IS = Insect Swarm
MF = Moonfire
W = Wrath
SF = Starfire

Strategy at the pull -
IFF->IS->MF->W*x->Eclipse proc -> SF*x
IFF only if you dont have a shadowpriest or other moonkin applying the 3% hit buff.
IS/MF first doesnt matter much, my reasoning behind this order is to secure that Eclipse procs as close to the initial MF cast as possible.

Priorities
*If Eclipse is procced -> Spam SF.
*If Eclipse is on hidden cooldown & all dots are up -> Spam SF
*If Eclipse is on hidden cooldown & dots arent up -> Reapply MF+IS. Reapplication doesnt overlap & reapplying dots fast is key to high owldamage. MF the best spell of the two dots so prioritize that.
*If Eclipse is ready -> Apply dots as needed, spam W if dots are up.

The last few %
*Force of Nature -> Communicate with your shamans & make sure to cast trees just before heroism. Having a warrior use battle shout at this point helps aswell (but less important than heroism).
*During Heroism -> Drop IS from your rotation as heroism boosted SF in most cases will outperform it. Keep casting MF & use W to proc SF-Eclipses.
*[Potion of Speed] - Optimal time to use this is just as Eclipse procs, use it at the time you start spamming 80%+ crit Starfires.

*Plan ahead Most fights involve movement, if you know that you will be forced to move soon (Fx Thaddius) then wait with dot reapplication till your moving anyway -- A fight like Grobbulus involves more constant running, make sure to get all your movement done while your casting dots & waiting for the global CD anyway. Working on stuff like this & being able to perform it, while wathing for aggro+fissures+lava waves+a 2nd dragon with nasty breath landing behind you, is what seperates the good player from the bad - Any idiot can run a rotation on Patchwerk.

Mods
Scrolling Combat Text - Getting a clear indication of when Eclipse procs (If you fail to see the giant moon) & Nature's Grace proc info is nice for knowing when to expect an Eclipse proc to happen soon.

Squawk and Awe - Moonkin musthave addon. Tracks dot duration, eclipseprocs & more important it shows you the hidden eclipse cooldown time.

Ratingbuster - Shows you the actual % gain from haste & crit, also converts Intellect+Spirit into Spellpower. Not really needed, but helpful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prime

Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: BOOMKIN DPS   Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:56 am

Divinepain wrote:
...(10%mage, ...)...

It's 5% from mage, 5% from a warlock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blowmytotem
Admin

Number of posts : 1529

PostSubject: Re: BOOMKIN DPS   Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:07 am

i have also noticed that the boomkins are struggling to pwnup, even in thier full 7.5 gear. please do not take offence to this, its not a dig at you, its just that we want to see Orange bars at the top as opposed to some gay yellow one thats there atm Wink

id really really appreciate it if you would read up on rotations, GCD, maybe get in some addons.

i know Squark and Awe is very good, as Enhancement shammys have a similar one ''Shock and Awe''.. which does the same with Maelstrom procs etc. and trust me, its REALLY usefull when you proc and geet a noise to indicate you should be spamming certain spells.

Miks Scrolling Battle Text is also a very nice addon, you can put your damage taken and damagee output whereever you like o nthe screen, it also totals AoE damage, which awesome Smile also helps with procs etc, and tells you when CD's are up Smile

thanks again to divine for this information

Peyote

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: BOOMKIN DPS   Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:45 am

For proc watching , POWER AURAS is the shit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liquidous

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: BOOMKIN DPS   Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:52 am

Thanks for the input guys.

As duely noticed our Booms have some problems struggeling to get a decent spot in the dps-meters. Thought last night i crushed the 4k dps barrier numerous times.
In my case I recon it not the fault of an improper spell-rotation, lack of gear, enchants and addons (<- got all essential ones). I guess I gemmed and geared for crit too much, wil try to gem a bit more onto haste in the near future, but will need some more gold for that Razz

Furthermore: Since the loss of a raiding SP i lost a lot of hit-rating, since IFF and Misery both stack. So I lost the soft hitcap, Will need to gear up more for hit-rating, but plan to do that in Naxx25's.

Will keep you updated on progress and keep the tips coming!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Divinepain

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: BOOMKIN DPS   Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:22 am

WRONG-FAIL

Increased Spell Hit Chance Taken Debuff: Improved Faerie Fire, Misery

they are dont stack.learn to your class Razz

btw you only need 263 hit raiting with IFF&Balance of Power (http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit).
your are at 238 hit raiting atm this means you are just need %1hit away from hit cap if you spec right talent and dont forget to apply IFF. also %1 hit doesnt change big things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liquidous

PostSubject: Re: BOOMKIN DPS   Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:04 am

Divinepain wrote:

they are dont stack.learn to your class Razz

l2 be polite Razz Nah just j/k. My bad. Really was convinced they stacked. So hit-gemming/gearing won't be an issue then anymore. Will look for more raw spellpower and haste instead of crit then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Optimus

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: BOOMKIN DPS   Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:43 am

Constructive criticism please Divine, not flaming.

Personally I've noticed Liquidous has lower dps than other players. However the people with "bad" dps are normally also idiots who cannot play, don't care about their class and are slack. As you'll have noticed, I kicked 11 of those people yesterday, and Liquidous remains. This is because when watching him in situations which require quick reactions (i.e. bombs in XT) he moves immediatly, before I even have time to say it on vent. He is a player who turns up to every raid, gives 110% and never puts the raid at risk. I believe that any dps problem is simply a matter of rotation or management of procs etc. I nor any other officer consider him anything short of a reliable and vital addition to the core of the guild, and his ability has never been called into question.

My 2cents.

"Optimus deserves punch in his face. " ~ Lawmanka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Famulan

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: BOOMKIN DPS   Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:36 pm

hear hear
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liquidous

PostSubject: Re: BOOMKIN DPS   Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Thanks for the vote of confindence all Razz Just to make sure: No offense taken on the comments on my dps. It's nice to know that peeps in the guild care and try to make other players better with hints and stuff.

Hope to make some improvements soon, once my herba-grinding on the alt pays off (g-wise:P), can't promise any though Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asop

Number of posts : 360

PostSubject: Re: BOOMKIN DPS   Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:47 am

I specced my duid boomkin last night and had a go at testing the theoretically best rotation on the target dummies in Org.

Its quite an interesting rotation because it relies on proccing eclipse with wrath and not SF, if you proc with SF it spoils the buff quite a bit

Effectively the most important thing is to spam SF and whilst keeping insect swarm and moonfire on the boss. HOWEVER whilst eclipse is on the boss SF should be the only spell you cast (refreshing the dots actually is a loss in dps then just spamming SF)

The only time you dont cast SF is when the hidden cooldown on eclipse has expired (as this may proc the wrong buff). Instead you spam wrath until it does proc (60% chance on crit). This also happens at the start of the fight.

And ofc Force of Nature and Starfall should be used on CD but dont cast it with the eclipse buff up, only SF should ever be cast at this point.

Good crit is essential to proc eclipse in the minimum number of wrath casts
---------------------------------------------------

Was checking the hit cap for a boomkin and its actually VERY high (17%) Balance of Power and Improved Fairie Fire/Misery on the target brings that down to 10% and at the moment you are sat on 9.07% (263 hit rating gives you cap) This isn't really too far off and besides it is crit that procs Eclipse and that is not effected by hit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asop

Number of posts : 360

PostSubject: Re: BOOMKIN DPS   Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:51 am

Forgot to say, make sure you use an addon like SHOCK AND AWE (or w/e its called)

This will coundown the HIDDEN cooldown on the eclipse talent and as soon as that expires STOP SF IMMEDIETELY and spam wrath. If you accidently proc eclipse using SF you are then forced to spam wrath which is far worse than SF spamming
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOOMKIN DPS   

Back to top Go down

BOOMKIN DPS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Victory For My Llamas :: Image Hosted by ImageShack.usDruid-
Jump to: