Victory For My Llamas

Victory For My Llamas

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Combat or Assassination?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Divinepain

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Combat or Assassination?   Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:46 am

Just simple question: which one is good for PvE?

Assassination got huge buff when mutilate can hit everywhere.However combat has been always better then assasination in pve situation.Or is this true??

Just Im curious Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowsun

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Combat or Assassination?   Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:54 am

completely depends on the raid situation, because in multi-target pulls combat rogues can use bladeflurry and killing spree. I've always prefered combat and found it to be far better than assassination in tbc. Now it seems like assassination does much more damage than it previously has but i still believe that combat has the potential to do more damage than assassination if played correctly. There's still some debate about it though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vku

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Combat or Assassination?   Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:22 am

imo in all situations combat will be much better in all aspects of dmg when 3.1 comes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowsun

PostSubject: Re: Combat or Assassination?   Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:13 am

Yep
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat or Assassination?   Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:27 pm

i've been wondering this myself.. as you may know i'm assasination atm, but i'm thinking about respeccing because i feel i have done all i can to maximize damage and dps, but feel like i've now hit a flat level that won't go higher..

i just don't know if there's many adjustments to be made if i respecc when it comes to my gear (weapons mostly)
and i've read that it should be a slow weapon in off-hand (or was it main hand? xD ). since i have 2 very fast daggers (MH: webbed death OH: Murder) that's great for assasination specc, i don't know how they will be in a combat specc.

i therefore wondered if i could get some help on gear, stats and rotations/mechanics from my fellow rogues that know their shit Laughing

here's my armory-link if you wanna take a look at it:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Halls&n=Nenel
Back to top Go down
Vku

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Combat or Assassination?   Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:48 pm

combat rogue's boss fight rotation is one of the easiest tbh. Just keep slice and dice up all the time and refresh your rupture while spamming sinister strike. (and ull use your cooldowns too ofc like adrenaline rush and blade flurry)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blowmytotem
Admin

Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Combat or Assassination?   Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:00 am

i do believe that fist weapons seem to be the 'best' choice at the moment for combat rogues.
normally it would be swords, but it seems they have been nerfed a little from what shadowsun lets on about!

not a rogue so i cant really comment fully. im sure Megajaculation and Shadowsun will help you out though Smile

Shadowsun

PostSubject: Re: Combat or Assassination?   Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:28 am

Rotation : As Vku says just keep SnD up and refresh rupture. What i tend to do is 5 point SnD 5 point Rupture, then build up another 5 points and if there is more than 8 seconds left on SnD i evis and start over again, but it varies a lot due to energy gain procs and glyph of sinister strike procs.

Gear : Only thing that i can see that would need to be changed gear wise are the weapons, Webbed death is at the moment the best OH weapon for combat due to its speed, (dunno if the poison changes in 3.1 are gonna keep it that way tho Sad ) so all you need to do is switch that to off hand and get a nice slow MH, Fists do seem to be the only decent choice for rogues at the moment.

Still relatively new to WOTLK rogue mechanics so I'm sure ejac will fill in or correct any mistakes I've made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat or Assassination?   Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:49 am

ok, thanks a lot Smile

but isn't envenom better than eviscerate? it crits for like 10k for me sometimes.. but maybe it's just better for my specc.. and another thing i really don't want to let go of is that env refreshes my S'nD till 23 seconds everytime i use env.. so i really like that with being assasination, since it gives me time to do more than just mutilate, S'nD, and rupture..

the ideal thing would be a assasination specc with adrenaline rush and killing spree lol!
but that's out of the question Razz but i won't let go of my dream xD
Back to top Go down
Shadowsun

PostSubject: Re: Combat or Assassination?   Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:10 am

Envenom may be better with the talents but combat rogues dont get that luxury Razz , However 10k crits are reached with Evis also.

Yeah it sucks to lose cut to the chase, but you get imp slice and dice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat or Assassination?   Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:53 am

well thaks for the info, i'll try the different speccs and find what works best for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Komador

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Combat or Assassination?   Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:32 pm

hellooo..-As a Tbc rogue player- got some advice for ya:D Current state of combat is absolutly beats every other spec...Passive %10 haste is just incredible.I know u are combat spec right now but using murder in main hand with sinister strike is just waste of this whole spec.
İf u got any main hand with 200 item lvl or higher go for it.But if u dont i suggest u to craft Bonecrasher(BS mace) Using daggers with combat(SS spam build) is pointless for the time being since combat dagger build is based on Backstab dmg(which is the worst spec right now)

I had the chance to test this Bs Mace/webbed death combo tonight and it puts nearly 4.5K dps with decent rotation uptime.With more decent MH(such as Calamity's or a more strong MH) it can only go higher.And rotation is very easy to follow.Put wound posion on MH(no instant because posions now scales with Ap and Wound has like four times more proc chance than instant"look Poison changes") and deadly OH , sit back and watch the magic happens.Very Happy

For the other stats get posion hit cap(310) , exper. cap(26) and go for either 16 agi or 32 ap for all gem slots.For me its agility because it scales with Bok and gives some Crit boost also...

Anyway i hope this help a little for increasing your output.

take care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat or Assassination?   

Back to top Go down

Combat or Assassination?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1