Victory For My Llamas

Victory For My Llamas

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A gem of a problem...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: A gem of a problem...   Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:37 am

Been looking into other Fury spec'd players and what they use for DPS and the striking similarity is strength gems left right and centre, where I have gone for Strength+Haste. My thoughts below:

In terms of names, I use the Fierce Monarch Topaz in any red or yellow socket (4 in total) then for blue sockets I use Balanced Twilight Opals (2 in total- Attack +Stam).

When I have gone side by side with these Warriors (having very similar weapons and armor) they would normally produce a higher ammount of DMG/DPS to begin with, then as the heroic/raid prgresses I would level up and surpass them (although whether this is because people loose focus towards the end is inconclusive).

I mainly went for haste+strength due to the 3.4-3.6 attack speed that all 2handers come with, and currently my weapon speed is increased by .25 (3.15), where the other warriors have the native weapon speed.

So I am now wondering if I should have a regemming through all my DPS gear, replacing Fierce with Bold Scarlet Ruby and Balanced with Jagged Forest Emerald, Sovereign Twilight Opal, or even Puissant Twilight Opal ?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blowmytotem
Admin

Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: A gem of a problem...   Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:04 am

i always thought DPS warriors should gem strength and nothing else.
fury should not rely on +haste egar as with 2x 2handers, its not needed. you'll get it from gear as you get better gear anyway. gemming for haste is mianly a casting thing.

imo id respec all out stre + attack power

from what ive read previously, 1 str = 2AP ... could be wrong? last time i looked at this was TBC

Shadowsun

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: A gem of a problem...   Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:29 am

yeah for warriors its 1str = 2ap, enless they've changed it in wotlk, havnt played my warrior since early tbc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peyote

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: A gem of a problem...   Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:20 am

1. Lurk Elitist Jerks for a couple days
2. ?????
3. Profit
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A gem of a problem...   Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:41 am

Shadowsun wrote:
yeah for warriors its 1str = 2ap, enless they've changed it in wotlk, havnt played my warrior since early tbc.

Yup thats still the case.
Back to top Go down
Vku

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: A gem of a problem...   Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:34 am

ok here is the thing for arms and fury first of all u need to get hit cap which is %10 for fury and %8 for arms (since fury has an extra %3 from talents) then forget about expertise cap just go for 16 strs only and ull be doing excellent dmg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vku

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: A gem of a problem...   Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 am

but its crucial that first u have to get hit cap or bumping str would be useless
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A gem of a problem...   Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:08 am

Vku wrote:
but its crucial that first u have to get hit cap or bumping str would be useless

I think I found this latter comment last night - my Max DPS has dropped from 2042 to 1850.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A gem of a problem...   Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:02 am

Funny cow is Bigovz... the all strength gemming was fail imho, and the attacking was noticeably slower. I got overall about 18-1900 dps which wasn't nice.

Have since re-gemmed back (thousand thank-yous to Fam), and rejigged my enchants. 3000dps ftw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A gem of a problem...   

Back to top Go down

A gem of a problem...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1