Victory For My Llamas

Victory For My Llamas

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Bigovzbigsox - reapp for Tank.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Bigovzbigsox - reapp for Tank.   Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:44 am

I. Personal Information

Name: Oli

Sex: Male

About yourself: I work as an IT Support Engineer, have a love for Classic Minis, and WoW. Bone dry sense of humour.

Online time: I can play from returning home from work (19:45 Server time usually) till 01:00, and all weekend if necessary.

Communication: Yes, ventrillo.

We are raiding 3-4 times a week (Mon-Thu) starting 20:00 server time and ending 00:00. Are you okay with this days/times?

Yes they suit me perfectly.

II. Character Information

Nick: Bigovzbigsox
Class: Warrior (Prot)
Race: Tauren
Level: 80

Time played: not recently done, but in excess of 55 days.

Talent spec: Protection and gone for the 15/5/51 talent tree to allow for impale and deep wounds for that extra kick.

Armoury Link: Only pros can link.

Post your UI: Most recent one I have of a raiding environment (in Fury spec)

LINK

Professions: Mining and Engineering. Both are 450. I chose mining from positive previous experience and I prefer the mundane task of doing a farming tour. Gatherer plug-in is no end of help here. Engineering was a bit of a wildcard - I chose it mid-TBC in a frame of "lets see what this malarkey is all about". While it's been slow levelling due to retro-materials and a bank breaking AH run on some occasions, it's proved invaluable in recent months. Currently saving mats up for a Horde Chopper.

III. Additional Informations

About your class: Warriors I have favoured with Diablo 2's Barbarian-esk fighting style and placement in a party. I can only say they appeal to me with a hands-on approach to killing things, big weapons, big numbers. While fury spec is pretty laid back aside from keeping a good rotation and knowing where and where not to stand in boss fights, Tanking has been something I have kept moving in the background. With the latter half of TBC and WotLK I built up my off-spec gear just in case I was ever needed. The one thing that warriors will always fall into is the repair cost of plate, and the damage sustained either in DPS or in tanking... part and parcel, but I've never complained.

What theorycrafting have you done with you're class? I have always made sure I have good understanding of the mechanics in dungeons, heroic, raids and the general world. In more recent times I have worked on the instant Slam crit chance mechanic (changed in 3.0.8 ), with varying success due to the chance factor for several melee attack moves.

What websites and/or Forums do you visit? I visit WoW Wiki, Head, Alakazam, Armory, Tankspot (Ciderhelm), Curse for add-ons, and the realm forums (for lols mainly, watching people face plant into the side of Lunor’s whit and talkbacks).

Preparation to raids: I usually have precious little time before raid starts when I get home from work so I have found the best method is to be prepared the night before with the standard repair/food/flasks. When encountering a new boss or zone, I will try to read up on WoWWiki, watch the tank spot or similar videos and usually watch them over again to check positioning, and movement for raid persons.

Experience: Started out with Diablo 1 and 2, then jumped on the WoW wagon in late 2005. Initially on the now-stale Teranas server, my first character was BigdaveII - a human warrior. For the first 2 years I was casual and raids were something of a distant and naive area for me - I simply loved exploring the zones, and occasionally 5 manning various dungeons. With the advent of TBC I started life on Shattered Halls and remained here ever since. PvP on normal territory has really opened up the game for me and gives it a far better sense of Good/Evil Horde/Alliance fighting. I GM'd for Badgers of Justice in it's dying days, hosting a few guild-majority pug runs and many heroics. Alongside Blowmytotem on the launch of WotLK, we founded VFML, and the rest as they say was Ninja Loot History.

PvP: To gear up for TBC raids I piggybacked the PvP battlegrounds with very positive results. I geared up enough to comfortably get through Kara, but continued running BG's with the aim of completing my set gear. I have done a few PvP city runs (mainly in TBC) and had a couple of runs in Wintergrasp and Strand of the Ancients but haven't picked up the gauntlet to do any serious points farming. 6500 honourable kills to date.

Alts: 3 on Teranas, and Bandaidz (55 Spriest, raiding spec will be Holy) on Shat. Halls.

Previous guild: Started Shattered Halls in OcUK, and like many didn't like the management in the latter months. Moved in with Badgers of Justice, becoming GM for its final fleeting moments, then co-founding VFML.

Reason to join us and your expectations: I hear you guys serve decent fried chicken in your canteen. Filling the Tank spot, and happy to stay there once more.

Your goals: I hope to see this expansion right through to the end. It's been a really positive experience so far, and the raids have been an adventure. With some help I hope to sit back in the tanking seat I left behind in Outland.

Cheers,
Big.
Back to top Go down
Thardrax

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Bigovzbigsox - reapp for Tank.   Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:46 am

Hmm...i'm not sure if we need any tanks :O especially not taurens!

But +1 for application

GL! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Optimus

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Bigovzbigsox - reapp for Tank.   Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:25 am

Nice app Big but imo you need to spend some more time before you rush into a decision like this. You've done 2 raids offtanking, and 1 heroic as Prot, and your pace still isn't fantastic as you were quick to admit last night.

It'll have to be a no for me for the time being on the permanent switch, you can keep rolling on tank gear for now, but I wouldn't be comfortable with you being a full-time tank until you had some more experience and fluidity.

Essentially, we wouldn't have accepted an application with this gear/experience if it was external, so we should stick to our marks for reapplications or they're useless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bigovzbigsox - reapp for Tank.   

Back to top Go down

Bigovzbigsox - reapp for Tank.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1